Passing It On

Saturday, February 21, 2009


We are busy tidying the house and clearing some space. There are a number of things that we have either never used or haven't used for a long time and so we are letting them go. There have been weekly trips to the Salvation Army Thrift Stores but somehow I end up taking one bag there and returning with half a bag full. It's a slow process. Maybe this will be a bit faster - Online Clothes Swap – Aoetearoa. The swap is only open to NZ residents to keep the postage down and you can see all it's glory here.

I've decided to pass on some summer knitwear that hasn't seen the light of day for at least 2 years. They were all picked with curves in mind, but the sizes varied. One I wished I bought larger and one I loved so much I bought the other colour too.

Meanwhile, the clearing out continues. We needed to reduce the number of blankets we had until they were each refolded and evaluated on their merits. We decided that we do need to keep them all. My dearest commented that really we just like blankets. The problem is more that we really just like stuff. The linen cupboard looks a little tidier, but is in no way less full.

It's slow going, but we will get there eventually.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. We moved and oh boy after 16 years in that house and 9 years in a smaller house across the street... we had TONS of stuff stored here and there. I threw away, donated, set it out for free at the curb, and paid to have it hauled away. And here in our new house as I unpack a box or bin here or there... I wonder why I kept what I'm unpacking? LOL But it is a great feeling to clear things out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the link. I remember reading about this when I was in the UK and had forgotten since we arrived back. Will have to investigate further and start decluttering ourselves - although like you I seem to come back from the op shop with more than I took in! x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. I would love to hear from you.

Search This Blog

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *