Circus Pinwheels

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Sometimes it feels like I haven’t completed anything for myself in a while. When this circus fabric arrived on my doorstep from the Cat Taylor's destash I wanted to make something with it IMMEDIATELY. I had planned to make the top in an evening. I had to throw a Saturday morning in there too. I wasn't complaining as the weather was perfect for a little sewing in the sun.

Enough words - here's the process and end product:

Cutting out and trimming up


Auditioning different boarder widths


Spinning pinwheels in different directions (decided against this)

Un-sewing the final boarders

Done and ready for quilting

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. adorable! I love the bright color combo you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Amy!!!! I picked up some vintage circus fabric (not quite so bright as yours) and have been wondering what to do with it. This has given me a great idea!!! I'll put it on the ever growing to-do list! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cute and happy! Can't wait to see how you quilt it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. I would love to hear from you.

Search This Blog

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *