Little Games Ready to GO

Sunday, May 05, 2013


Does anyone remember when the marble game mancala was huge? I remember my little sister teaching me how to play about 10 years ago.  It is a genius of a game and I'm sure it has numerous variations. 

Little E and I play it a lot.  The box it came in was getting a little battered.  When Nin sent me a lovely bundle of floral fabrics, I knew just what it was going to be.  A little sewing and some time later, we now have a double sided bag for the board, which also fits the little marble bag inside.  Brilliance! We are new ready to play on the go as well.


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This is such a gorgeous bag. i really like it. I've never heard of this game before. The board definitely looks interesting. I'm always looking for new games for the kids to bring in the campervan over the summer hols.
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mancala! In fact it is my best aid I use with my adolescents in my therapy practice. They love to play it. You really don't need to think and there is something hypnotic about the rhythmic clicking sound as you drop the marbles. I find the kids have an easier time opening and talking while playing this game.

    Butback to your bag. It is adorable. I love the fabric. I've never made a bag before. One of these days...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. I would love to hear from you.

Search This Blog

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *