Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Monday, October 6, 2008
The “Days of the Week” quilt is now officially finished. I finished the binding and label today.
I had been contemplating free motion quilting but chickened out. The most of this is straight lines with a few areas of free motion to the stripes.
The year started with me vowing to empty the WISP box. By June, I had modified this to – if it was started in 2008 it will be finished in 2008. This one was started, I think, in April. This leaves only two more quilts started this year still to be finished.
Saturday, October 4, 2008
I think the original cover was put in place before the pushchair was glued together. I went with snap fasteners as I didn't fancy un-gluing the chair.
The new covering is a small strip of decorating weight fabric. The dimensions were based on the actual pushchair, in this case 23” x 7”. The edges are simply turned under and stitched. There are four snap fasteners to each end to attach the new cover to the pushchair.
The pushchair lives on to see a lot more use. All up it took less than a hour, so getting it done before breakfast wasn't too far wrong.