Destined to be a Coat

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Sometimes fabrics take a while to find their true calling.  Over 10 years ago I bought 2 metres of fantastic boiled wool fabric.  It was going to be a skirt for myself, possibly with some fancy embellishment on the hem and some sculptural cut outs.  If you had suggested that it would be great for my daughter's school coat, I would have laughed.  

Little E is loving this coat, complete with it's non-regulation floral brushed cotton lining and shiny buttons*.  We are still three weeks out from school, so the little badges are staying on the coat too, if only for a few weeks more.

*In a fit of tidying up, I can't find the pattern right now.  The pattern was a dream to sew so I will get the details soon.  I promise.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. It's a beautiful looking coat, well worth keeping the fabric for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. If only the rest of my fabric stash turned out to be so useful. Though while fantastic sounding, that skirt would have been looking horribly dated in no time, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. I would love to hear from you.

Search This Blog

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *