Kids Clothing Week - The Pinafore

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I have rediscovered my love of summer skirts and in making a muslin for myself, had just enough left over to make this dress for Miss H. My skirt is cut out and waiting. It may be waiting some time. This little dress needed some attention first.

The red binding is some American Jane fabric, that just whispered - "put me with denim". I made metres and metres of bias tape. My dearest talked me out of using it in my skirt. Now I'm having second thoughts. I don't want to be one of those people who dress to match their children, but I wouldn't complain about red spotty trim on my skirts either.

I am attempting to meet the Kids Clothing Week Challenge over at Elsie Marley - to sew for one hour each day, for a week. In the interests of diplomacy, a dress for Little E is coming up next.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. this is so cute I'd love to make Tsunami a pinnie dress
    an hour a day - doesn't sound like much - but - .. .. .. school holidays I'm struggling to find 10 minutes ;'(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really cute and I think it would look really cool on a grown ups skirt. Big people need fun clothes too!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. I would love to hear from you.

Search This Blog

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *