Kids Clothing Week - Pockets

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Yesterday, I cut pockets. Today, I sewed.

If they weren't so fiddly, you would find pockets on all my kids clothes. Perhaps on my clothes too. I am loving extra stark top stitching at the moment. There was a lot of basting, pressing and changing threads. If I were to sew these again, I'd give the curved seam away. I found it tricky to get a nice shape given this combination of heavy fabric, contrasting thread and small pieces.

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Beautiful, so worth the effort. I have no idea what basting is tho, sounds like a strange thing to do to a pocket! (off to google...) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This little pinnie is stunningly gorgeous xxx and the pockets just make it !! !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pocket detail is awesome! A beautiful dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These clothes are too good.It’s hard to find knowledgeable people on this topic, but you sound like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks for sharing this with others.I really like it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. I would love to hear from you.

Search This Blog

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *