The Red Tree

Thursday, June 13, 2013



This sea of red greeted me through the Monday morning fog.  One kid dropped off to school, one hanging out with Mum, and one Mum home from travels.  It was a nice landing back into the minutiae of home-life and the onset of Winter.

When I saw the lady with leaf blower, I rushed home for the camera to capture it all.  Looking at the photos now makes me think of "The Red Tree" by  Shaun Tan.  A somewhat melancholic tale with a hopeful note.  I even found a golden tree glowing in the distance.





You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Isabella is constantly picking up very important red leaves for me to put in my pocket for her craft table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can never tire of looking at that colour x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. I would love to hear from you.

Search This Blog

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *