Mystery Quilt Play House

Wednesday, January 01, 2014

A few weeks before Christmas, the finishing touches were put on this quilt*.  Miss H suggested it would make a great plathouse, so with the help of a drying rack, it was.  We snapped away to get a few photos before posting it.  

It was hastily packaged and sent to my nephew.  Foolishly, I didn't scrawl any do not open warnings on the outside of the post bag.  When we arrived in Auckland, it was already carefully tucked on his bed.  Any earlier attempts by his mum to remove it and stealthily re-wrap was met with a very determined "It's Mine!"  I'm going to take that as a compliment.


*The pattern was a mystery quilt from the Quilter's Lane.  I enjoyed adding just a little to it each month.  The backing is a result of raiding my stash for anything that co-ordinated with the front and stitching it together. 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. It looks great! I love all the bright colours, especially that sashing. And Miss H is right - it does make a perfect playhouse!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. I would love to hear from you.

Search This Blog

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *