Playing Catch-Up

Saturday, December 20, 2008


I signed up for a quilt block swap earlier this year. We were to be making a block a month and sending it on. The blocks varied from month to month and so did my ability to keep up. Fortunately, there were no blocks assigned for December and so yesterday saw me posting off my last 3 blocks for the year.

To Samantha, I'm posting her Muddy Garden block. Samantha posted out the pieces, the pattern and really almost everything but the finished block. I'm posting it back without the button holing as my machine, at it's youthful 10 years, doesn't do buttonhole stitch.

To Lynda, I've sent a rosebud block. Lynda sent out a swatch of fabric for us to co-ordinate with. The block was to be 12 1/2” with a rose theme. I poured through “Quilts from the Quiltmaker's Gift” and found this one. It is yet to be squared up.

Finally to Lynette, a tree house. Lynette, simply asked for an appliqué house block using any type of house and any type of appliqué. I was delighted to try my hand at a tree house block like those that I have seen over at Common Threads. I especially like the leaves.

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. I really love the tree house block - that is yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tree house is the cutest thing I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our love the tree house too, it's lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love that tree house more than any other appliqued house I have seen - truly! It is gorgeous and looks just like the fibro shacks nestled back amongst the trees that we used to have along the beaches here in queensland and northern new south wales. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. I would love to hear from you.

Search This Blog

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *