Jobbly Welly

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

It was quite a domestic Easter. I had big garden plans – putting in bulbs for spring and planting a native grasses area. It turns out that it is still too warm to plant bulbs so they are still wintering in the bottom of the fridge.


However, it is just right for doing this:



Some of the grapes I was given became jelly. Jelly isn't a very big thing in New Zealand. While reading Judy Blume books I was a tad confused over this whole peanut butter and jelly thing. I mean, don't they have jam? Mum told me that it was just the american word for jam so I'll go with that.


It's the first time I've made jelly and surprisingly it wasn't as hard as I thought. The cook book had lots of warnings about making it cloudy. However, the baby food jars are hard to get a seal on so the smaller jars need to be eaten soon.


Time for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and some nostalgic reading.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Your comments make my day. I would love to hear from you.

Search This Blog

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *