Finally - A Finished Quilt

Monday, October 11, 2010

Could it be? In the distance , yes that is really a finished quilt. It has been a long time since I have actually reached the finish line on a quilt.

A little bit closer and you can see it is the strings quilt I started well over a year ago. It was nice to have a break from it, as it was like catching up with an old friend again as I stitched the binding on. I remember those scraps of park slope with a few other treasures in there too. While I mourned cutting into every last piece I had, I'm not regretting it.


A close up of the stippling shows the hard work Viv has put into this. It started out as a swap for one of these for some quilting and became a bit of an epic when the back didn't behave. Viv really has done a wonderful job on this (I've asked and she's open to orders too).

Troublesome Back - GRRR

I just had to hold onto the trimmings when the blocks on the front were squared up. They made for some loosened up piecing on the back.

Of course, it wouldn't be complete without a proud new owner too.

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Its stunning Amy! the thin dark blue border/binding is so cool, very unique :)
    And kudos for cutting into the last of your park slope, I'm yet to use up any of the fabrics Ive ever bought, some are only tiny bits left though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy that string quilt is beautiful! I can't believe it's been a year since you started it - I certainly hadn't noticed the time flying by. And that girlie of yours - my! she looks such a big girl in her marvellous tree house. I have to agree with Kelly - that pale aqua blue border with the navy detail and binding is really fresh and striking. Beautiful colour choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is gorgeous!!! And a big woo hoo for a finish!!! You know what I really love? The paua shells on the stairs!! Such a great Kiwi touch - love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! I love finishing projects. I have been too busy with home reno to do any sewing...or at least my husband has been busy with home reno and my sewing table is buried under his residue. I love the bright colours. Nice combination.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah for finished quilts :) I always struggle with binding - they sit in my Narnia for weeks sometimes months waiting . . . grrr to binding.
    Your quilt looks fab as does the tree house/fort!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amy, Congratulations on your finish! It's absolutely beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's beautiful! I love the thin navy lines in the strings.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. I would love to hear from you.

Search This Blog

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *