Sending Tops to a Good Home

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

In the quest to get my craft room sorted, I have not only found some orphan tops, but a really good home for them. Cat is collecting up blocks, tops and supplies to put together quilts for children in Christchurch. You can read more about it here.

The first top I’m sending off is from my make it all work stage. The fabrics are largely from a bulk bag of fabrics from the thrift store, supplemented with a few reds from my collection. After cutting everything into 2” strips and sorting by light and dark only, the courthouse steps came together. A friend I was quilting with at the time, held the belief that you can make any combination of colours go as long as there are no brights. I have to agree, but the end products always appear to be brownish. I miss my brights and so this one has sat unfinished for 4 years.

The second one is from my shabby chic phase. I started it at a night class 3 years ago and haven’t touched it since. I had wanted to finish this for Little E’s bedroom, but I’m not so sure anymore and my shoulders dread that ache of machine quilting.

The quilts are off and I’m sure will soon find somewhere to call home. If you are in the slightest way tempted to send something also, please get in touch with Cat. She’d love to hear from you.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I did a similar thing with some tops earlier in the year - it's a very liberating feeling isn't it, and great to know they will go to good homes instead of sitting in the pile waiting to be quilted.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. I would love to hear from you.

Search This Blog

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *