Summer is Over

Sunday, April 04, 2010

It has taken me a long time to admit, but summer really is over. The clocks went back today, the firewood is stacked and I might even have my first cold of the season. Before I snuggle down for hibernation, I’m taking a look back at the best parts of the summer just gone.

There was a touch of knitting.

There was foraging for blackberries. Nothing beats the taste of freshly picked free fruit by the riverside. Little E agrees with me on this.


There were strawberries to be found. I can't believe that we are still picking them in April.

There was jam to be made. I started with the plums on our boundary fence and just didn't stop - yellow plum, red plum, plum and currant, plum and peach, currant and peach...

It took a while, but it finally got hot. the paddling pool was scrubbed down and we got our feet wet.

It was busy, and so much of it went by in a blur. It's time to rest, even if only for a little bit. I'm off to put on the kettle, make myself a lemon honey drink and kick this hint of a cold.



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Happy Easter! Your jams sound amazing. You're right... there really is nothing quite like fresh berries off the tree.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. I would love to hear from you.

Search This Blog

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *