Committing Fashion Crimes - One legging at a time

Wednesday, May 25, 2011


We've been focussing on the essentials around here. I have become a veritable legging production line. My stash of knit remnants has been raided for anything even slightly close to enough for a pair. I usually have objections to dressing my children the same. In this case, the machines were threaded up with matching colours and there was no way the little ones were going to let me make just one pair of hot pink leggings.

On the technical front - the pattern is New Look 6639. I have used twin needles and fuzzy nylon to get a nice stretchy mock top stitch (there's a tutorial here). It took a while to get the tension right - so now I'm scared to use the machine for anything else, just in case I don't ever get it right again. However after 5 pairs of leggings, it might be time.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Wow!!! I have never tried sewing knits... everyone's posts make me nervous! Leggings look great :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. I would love to hear from you.

Search This Blog

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *