Family Walk - From Here You Can See Forever

Tuesday, January 01, 2013






Some times the large hill behind my parents' house just demands climbing.  With sturdy shoes, sunblock and cameras, in hand we took off.  The view from the top is just breathtaking with Palliser Bay streatching out below us.  On a clear day you see all the way to Mt Tapuaenuku, in the South Island's Kaikoura range.

Rocks and hills dominate the landscape here.  The rock formations to the north are the beginnings of a sedimentary pinnacle formation.  We can sometimes spot goats scrambling amongst them.

The girls did a fantastic job, climbing to the top with only minimal carrying.  While it looks as if we are about to walk into nothing, the farm track in fact takes a few steep curves before delivering us back home.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. a track to the sea like that is the epitome of summer holiday to me. i can just hear the circadas, see butterflies and feel the heat on my face. lovely.
    happy new year to you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I have been talking about how we need to do more walks with our little humans -- big walks. Your pictures and post only add to the motivation!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. I would love to hear from you.

Search This Blog

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *